Have you ever rage quit a job? Let's talk!
When I was young and dumb, I rage quit a great job. It built up over the months and my boss gave me a list of tasks one night before inspection. No fucking way I cold get it done in time. The afternoon I came in and got bitched at for my lack of work, I told him to fuck off. I really tried 100% to get the work done in time but it was impossible.

As expected he black listed me from that employer. It took my stupid ass a year and a half to get my original job back from the original employer. Fuck, I worked some shit jobs until that time. I learned that lesson.
Nope. I believe in running towards a new job instead of running away from an old job. If I quit, I quit with a plan for something better. I have no problems giving up on a company though and just doing what is required instead of putting my heart into my work, all while I look for a new job.
(06-24-2017, 12:18 PM)NBK Wrote: Lol ya, when I was a teenager I did it.  I was a manager and one night I just walked out and said later guys I quit.
 It was a miserable job, and I was much happier once I left, found a new job the same week that was 100% better too.

I always tell people it's better to quit a miserable job then go to work every day hating the job.  It's hard enough to find happiness in life, no reason to spend 40+ hours a week doing something that makes you miserable.

lol 40+

i usually have 40 in by wednesday afternoon, and i am retired. a slow easy week for me is 60 an normal week is 70. i rarely work weekends.
(06-24-2017, 10:53 PM)NBK Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 10:15 PM)tier1bro Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 12:18 PM)NBK Wrote: Lol ya, when I was a teenager I did it.  I was a manager and one night I just walked out and said later guys I quit.
 It was a miserable job, and I was much happier once I left, found a new job the same week that was 100% better too.

I always tell people it's better to quit a miserable job then go to work every day hating the job.  It's hard enough to find happiness in life, no reason to spend 40+ hours a week doing something that makes you miserable.

lol 40+

i usually have 40 in by wednesday afternoon, and i am retired. a slow easy week for me is 60 an normal week is 70. i rarely work weekends.

Cool story bro.
I'll have 70 hours in for this week, but that has nothing to do with this thread or the point I previously made in this thread.
it absolutely does. you were the first to mention amount of hours worked. only a retard or 22 year old kid would consider any type of employment not "miserable". i have never worked a single hour for fun, but i have worked every one hour that i have ever put in so i could enjoy my life. that usually also requires not "rage quitting" jobs. 

long story short, no, i have never "rage quit" a job. i have also never had a "job" after high school age, i choose a career path that led to retirement, and now run a family business.
(06-25-2017, 12:56 AM)tier1bro Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.
I'll have 70 hours in for this week, but that has nothing to do with this thread or the point I previously made in this thread.
it absolutely does. you were the first to mention amount of hours worked. only a retard or 22 year old kid would consider any type of employment not "miserable". i have never worked a single hour for fun, but i have worked every one hour that i have ever put in so i could enjoy my life. that usually also requires not "rage quitting" jobs. 

long story short, no, i have never "rage quit" a job. i have also never had a "job" after high school age, i choose a career path that led to retirement, and now run a family business.

Gex Y, meet Gen X.  We're tired of hearing about your struggles with the man holding you down.  Sorry that
McDonalds doesn't pay $15 an hour, and that your liberal arts degree won't land you a six-figure job at 23.  How unfair. 

You should occupy someplace Rolleyes

& op, no - I never "rage quit" anything - beyond crazy women. Smile
(06-25-2017, 06:10 AM)NBK Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.

Well, congratulations on being so responsible in regards to your professional choices in life.  Sound's like you are proud of the path you walked.  Some of us make different choices in regards to our life paths, which is A-Ok.  Personally, I walked a few different paths, and worked different types of employment until I found a path that I found '' less miserable '', and personally felt more gratifying than other choices.  I sure as hell didn't have it all figured out right after high school, or my early twenties, but that is awesome that you did Tier1.  Congrats on owning your own business, and being so responsible at a young age.
i need no congrats for that, i get all i need when i see my boy kill a deer, catch a marlin, shooting skeet with his shotgun that cost more than my first 5 cars combined, ect. 

the good life is in reach of everyone who wants it. you may never get rich from hard work but the harder you work the harder you can play. my first retirement came at 44 years old (i have several family members who retired under 40 from the .mil), i fished every day from my back yard for 6 months and then got back to work. my family members who retired younger than me and who just stay retired are always asking "man how can you afford all this stuff", i usually just laugh. people either get it or they don't.
(06-26-2017, 12:23 AM)sinneD Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.

Gex Y, meet Gen X.  We're tired of hearing about your struggles with the man holding you down.  Sorry that
McDonalds doesn't pay $15 an hour, and that your liberal arts degree won't land you a six-figure job at 23.  How unfair. 

You should occupy someplace Rolleyes

& op, no - I never "rage quit" anything - beyond crazy women. Smile

i have rage fucked 'em and rage quit 'em.  Big Grin
I'm rage quitting this thread, fuck you people. Angry
(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: I'm rage quitting this thread, fuck you people. Angry

(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: fuck you people

(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: you people

(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: YOU PEOPLE

Dodgy
(06-27-2017, 11:34 PM)Nick Gerz Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: I'm rage quitting this thread, fuck you people. Angry

(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: fuck you people

(06-27-2017, 08:30 PM)sinneD Wrote: YOU PEOPLE

Dodgy

+1

by "you people" does he mean basketball americans?
(06-28-2017, 01:52 PM)NBK Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 03:52 AM)tier1bro Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.

Well, congratulations on being so responsible in regards to your professional choices in life.  Sound's like you are proud of the path you walked.  Some of us make different choices in regards to our life paths, which is A-Ok.  Personally, I walked a few different paths, and worked different types of employment until I found a path that I found '' less miserable '', and personally felt more gratifying than other choices.  I sure as hell didn't have it all figured out right after high school, or my early twenties, but that is awesome that you did Tier1.  Congrats on owning your own business, and being so responsible at a young age.
i need no congrats for that, i get all i need when i see my boy kill a deer, catch a marlin, shooting skeet with his shotgun that cost more than my first 5 cars combined, ect. 

the good life is in reach of everyone who wants it. you may never get rich from hard work but the harder you work the harder you can play. my first retirement came at 44 years old (i have several family members who retired under 40 from the .mil), i fished every day from my back yard for 6 months and then got back to work. my family members who retired younger than me and who just stay retired are always asking "man how can you afford all this stuff", i usually just laugh. people either get it or they don't.

What the fuck kind of shotgun did you buy him?
Does it shoot lasers?

My dad bought me a Remington 870 when I was a kid, worked great for skeet and birds, and still does.
you understand my first 5 cars cost less than a thousand bucks each right?

it is a nice shotgun.  Big Grin
(06-28-2017, 01:52 PM)NBK Wrote: My dad bought me a Remington 870 when I was a kid, worked great for skeet and birds, and still does.

Idea Will you be passing that down to your wife's son?
(06-29-2017, 03:30 AM)NBK Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 06:43 PM)tier1bro Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.

Does it shoot lasers?

My dad bought me a Remington 870 when I was a kid, worked great for skeet and birds, and still does.

Did you get him a Benelli or something?

Remington 870s and Mossberg 500s only cost 200 bucks but will last generation's.

we both shoot k80's. 

my wife and daughter both have browning maxus shotguns as they are far cheaper and they rarely go shooting unless it is a charity event when they can see their friends.
(06-30-2017, 03:54 AM)NBK Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 11:22 PM)tier1bro Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 03:30 AM)NBK Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 06:43 PM)tier1bro Wrote:

lol 40+

Cool story bro.

Does it shoot lasers?

Did you get him a Benelli or something?

Remington 870s and Mossberg 500s only cost 200 bucks but will last generation's.

we both shoot k80's. 

my wife and daughter both have browning maxus shotguns as they are far cheaper and they rarely go shooting unless it is a charity event when they can see their friends.

You spent thousands of dollars on over under double barrel shotguns?  That's what people who own mansions and go hound hunting while riding horses do, then have tea and crumpets after.

To each their own I guess.  Personally I'd rather have a benelli or a pump action.

Different tools for different jobs. Both types are great for what they're intended, and a well-rounded collection would have representations of both. My nicest OU shotgun is a 70s Browning Citori that my grandpa won at a benefit dinner raffle back when he was a motor cop. It was nearly pristine when my mom inherited it from him. She put a little wear on it hunting, but it's still in really great shape now that I own it. I wish the barrels were threaded for chokes, but no big deal. I own a Remington 870 and a Saiga 12. My oldest son has a H&R Pardner single shot 410. They all have their place.

Trap and skeet are great for training how to instinctively lead and lag moving targets. Being able to shoot pop-up targets at <100yds on the fly with little indication of where they're going to travel is a great skill to have when hunting all kinds of critters, both two and four legged. The appropriate tool for the job would be an OU shotgun. You could do it with something else, but it would be like driving a golf ball with a putter.

When your collection feels like it's finally come together (to include your tactical shotgun), consider picking up a few gentlemen's guns. A nice OU, lever action, long action bolt gun, L or N-frame Smith revolver, high end 1911, etc. Things with fine wood, deep bluing, polished stainless, and so on. Real wall-hangers that you're proud to show off and which could still perform their intended purpose well. Heirloom quality stuff. They'll fit in well in your man cave with the rest of your grown-up collections of fine whiskeys and wines, humidor full of fine cigars, aromatic pipe tobacco, fine watches, preservation-quality books, custom and high-end knives, and other assorted goods. I can promise you that even the most middle class of men can accumulate some nice things during their life. Your tastes will change and refine as you grow older. When you've scratched your itch with tactical guns, you'll grow more interested in refined weapons.
(06-30-2017, 12:34 PM)NBK Wrote: I have two break actions, few bolt actions. and lever actions that were inherited.  About half of my guns are autoloading.  I've shot plenty of skeet with break actions, personally I prefer a pump. 

I understand the point you are making Nick, but I respectfully disagree.  I've killed plenty of deer and birds in my life; and I'm familiar with the handling characteristics of the weapons you mentioned.  Personally I'd rather buy a few cases of shells and an 870, I'll add that the trigger pulls on both of my 870's are very nice.

I grew up shooting skeet, and hunting.
I also spin and fly fish.

I would rather drink draft beer than expensive liquor, just like I'd rather buy an 870 than spend even half a grand on a break action.  

If I spent a shit load of money on a break action shotgun, I would feel like even more of an idiot than if I kept working a shitty job that made me completely miserable.  My comments on the subject are just a return to the jabs thrown earlier in this thread.

But that's just my view on firearms, I see them more as tools.  

I have other things for collectors aspects, like my vintage mesa boogie mark 4 and Fender telecaster for example.  Nothing beats the tone that comes out of that combo.  The thing is, those give me satisfaction, probably in the same way tier ones gentlemen's shotguns give him satisfaction.  The beauty of an investment is in the eye of the beholder/purchaser/owner.

I like Gibson Les Paul electrics and Takamine acoustics. As you know with guitars, quality woods, shapes, pick-ups, etc all lead to unique and clear tones. It's important in instruments. Not so much for the guy fucking around playing a few riffs on his couch to pass the time, but more so for the guy who works hard to hone his craft, consistently challenges himself to grow as a musician, who composes his own songs, and then decides to spend money on studio time to record those songs so he can preserve his hard work for years to come.

It's like buying quality barrels, triggers, bullets, powders, and loading rounds precisely. You can mimic a good 80%+ of the precision in many mid-range components that people might treat as beaters, but you pay a lot of money for quality because the quality components come with a reputation that bolsters their claims of precision and you want a reasonable assurance that you'll achieve their claims after you spend the money and the time loading the rounds, packing up and driving to the range, setting up targets, reading winds, and then shooting the rounds. The mid-range stuff might be okay for most and even better than the dirt shooters could dream, but some people get to a point where they decide to hone their craft for their own personal enjoyment and they don't want their equipment limiting them. They're the same people that might spend the money on vintage tube amps or vintage Fenders because they play a specific style of music and it requires a unique tone to fully express the music that some random $300 Squier guitar could never pull off.

You're exactly right - everyone has their thing that give them satisfaction. The point I was trying to make is that your tastes will change over the years, but you'll find common themes that men seem to enjoy and appreciate. Maybe it's guitars, maybe it's tools, maybe it's classic cars, whatever. At some point, you'll begin to accumulate a collection of things that span the broad spectrum of your hobbies and interests. Even though most of your stuff will be used as a tool and will see some wear, there's nothing wrong with collecting a few fine examples of the things you use and abuse the most. If guitars are your thing, you may end up with 10-15 various player guitars. You may also pick up a couple specifically to collect. They may have been owned by or come out of the collection of someone famous. They may be a certain rare vintage. They may be fine instruments that represent different sounds for the different types of music you play. No matter what, they'll be something you're sure to talk about and show off proudly. Other men who walk in your man cave/office/den/garage/wherever will see and recognize your investment into your craft.

Be careful with craft beer. The next step is a hobby brew kit which leads to buying quality commercial components and then developing your own recipes and even growing your own hops and grain and then buying high end bar glasses and building a personal home bar with at least 2 kegs on tap and then...... You get the idea. I've peaked down that rabbit hole. It's easy to get sucked into that world. Goodbye disposable cash.
(06-30-2017, 12:52 PM)NBK Wrote: If I was going to spend a shit load of money on a shotgun, i would get a semi auto Benelli in full camo, and I would use it primarily for bird hunting.  Those guns are amazingly light and handy.
http://www.benelliusa.com/super-black-ea...ry-shotgun

But honestly I would do just as well with one of my trusty 870s.

They're very comfortable to shoot. The 870 feels like a rattletrap after shooting one. Still nothing wrong with the 870, it's just not the same level of refinement.
for sporting clays? good luck with that, i guess. i have zero use for a benelli shotgun, the browning maxus is far superior to anything benelli makes for sproting use and even costs less ($1700ish) than some of the retarded looking tactical things they make. the SBE was created to compete with remington version of gas guns, i'd personally rather throw a rock than waste money on a remington gas gun. 

i would choose a clapped out browning a5 (original) before i bought a benelli or pump action anything for sporting purposes. 

just my opinion. 

if $25k for a couple shotguns works you up you may not want to ask about my 36' yellowfin.
(06-30-2017, 12:34 PM)NBK Wrote:  

If I spent a shit load of money on a break action shotgun, I would feel like even more of an idiot than if I kept working a shitty job that made me completely miserable.  My comments on the subject are just a return to the jabs thrown earlier in this thread.

jabs thrown eariler? the only thing i said eariler that could be offensive (IF YOU'RE RETARDED) is that rage quitting jobs is fucking stupid, and i never worked shitty jobs after highschool. 

how could those possibly be construed as a jab? life is not nearly as difficult as victims will make it out to be. i started in my career at 19 years old, worked every extra detail my superiors offered, always showed them i was their guy when they needed that guy, made my ranks, made my way through every squad i could, took advantage of every gang task force training, training for trainers classes, became that guy, and then retired. all the while i ate shitty cheap food, lived in small starter homes while fixing them to flip or rent out, put off having children, didn't drive new cars, didn't go to the movies, ect. after retiring instead of living the "easy life" i am back at work working harder now than before, but now i can afford to take a day, week, month, year whatever the fuck i want to off.  

i worked my ass off for the life my family and i live now. i didn't need to "show my boss who was really boss" back then, the ones that are still alive can see it clearly now. while they are living off their meger pensions i am living the dream. 

do you want to be a guy who lives the dream? or do you want to be the guy who hates those who live the dream? 

the key to living the dream is simple. learn self control, work hard, do what's right. if you do that i assure you you will be better off in the future, than had you not followed those simple steps.
(07-01-2017, 10:09 PM)tier1bro Wrote: for sporting clays? good luck with that, i guess. i have zero use for a benelli shotgun, the browning maxus is far superior to anything benelli makes for sproting use and even costs less ($1700ish) than some of the retarded looking tactical things they make. the SBE was created to compete with remington version of gas guns, i'd personally rather throw a rock than waste money on a remington gas gun. 

i would choose a clapped out browning a5 (original) before i bought a benelli or pump action anything for sporting purposes. 

just my opinion. 

if $25k for a couple shotguns works you up you may not want to ask about my 36' yellowfin.

(07-02-2017, 12:06 AM)Nick Gerz Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 10:09 PM)tier1bro Wrote: for sporting clays? good luck with that, i guess. i have zero use for a benelli shotgun, the browning maxus is far superior to anything benelli makes for sproting use and even costs less ($1700ish) than some of the retarded looking tactical things they make. the SBE was created to compete with remington version of gas guns, i'd personally rather throw a rock than waste money on a remington gas gun. 

just my opinion. 

i will have to look into that movie, i like that fat guy in most of his movies.
Damn! Even gently used, they're in the mid $300Ks.

I can't ball that hard right now Cry
we have kayaks that we use on the weeki wachee, and rainbow rivers. they are both close by spring fed rivers with terrific views.
(07-02-2017, 05:47 AM)NBK Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 05:28 AM)tier1bro Wrote: we have kayaks that we use on the weeki wachee, and rainbow rivers. they are both close by spring fed rivers with terrific views.

How do you like fishing out of The Kayaks? I've done a lot of fishing out of canoes and bigger boats but never a kayak. I thought the kayak might be nice to get into some of those hard-to-reach areas.  But I can't imagine Landing a big old fish is very easy in a little kayak.

we don't fish out of them. they are merely vessels to float me around the springs. i am usually tied off to someone else so i don't even have to paddle.  Big Grin
(07-02-2017, 05:28 AM)tier1bro Wrote: we have kayaks that we use on the weeki wachee, and rainbow rivers. they are both close by spring fed rivers with terrific views.

How do you like fishing out of The Kayaks? I've done a lot of fishing out of canoes and bigger boats but never a kayak. I thought the kayak might be nice to get into some of those hard-to-reach areas.  But I can't imagine Landing a big old fish is very easy in a little kayak.

Sure it is, especially with outriggers. Tons of people fish from them out in the ocean and land trophies all the time. Lots of videos on YouTube. Kayak fishing is fun. Make sure you get one you can ride on top of that's built for fishing. Between $1-2K will get you the kayak, trolling motor, fish finder, cooler, and maybe a few other odds and ends.
(07-02-2017, 09:51 AM)NBK Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 06:33 AM)Nick Gerz Wrote:

Sure it is, especially with outriggers. Tons of people fish from them out in the ocean and land trophies all the time. Lots of videos on YouTube. Kayak fishing is fun.  Make sure you get one you can ride on top of that's built for fishing. Between $1-2K will get you the kayak, trolling motor, fish finder, cooler, and maybe a few other odds and ends.

No way I'm going to drop that much on a kayak, I could get a real boat for that much... I'm thinking more like 200.  Lol.
I have all the fishing stuff, I don't even want a motor.  I also want to get a super cheap kayak for my dog to tow behind my kayak  Dodgy

Do you ever take the pug kayaking tierjuan?

the pug doesn't like water.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk food! What's ur favorite ethnic variety? Chumpchiggy 3 1,257 06-25-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: tier1bro
  QUIT YOUR BITCHING BLM NIGGERS RomperStomper88 10 4,567 04-19-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: RomperStomper88
  ITT we talk about stupid ass firearms we own, but have fun with. Chumpchiggy 3 1,140 02-29-2016, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Leon82
  All this political talk is hurting my feels Leon82 4 2,707 02-27-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: DanTSX
Sad Serious talk time guys SNAFU/3 8 4,138 12-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Last Post: SNAFU/3
  AKFiles, Don't Bad Talk Islam, But Genocide Of Liberals Is G2G. SNAFU 9 3,343 12-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: SNAFU
  It Appears Lane Has Quit Us. SNAFU 41 14,670 11-09-2015, 10:13 PM
  Arfcom can't quit us......... DanTSX 25 9,727 10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Gonoles
  Don't talk to me in any silent words cornholio 4 1,211 10-01-2015, 11:01 PM
  Walmart decides to quit selling AR-15, other modern sporting rifles M4ar15.com 9 2,712 09-22-2015, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Gonoles