00 Buckshot for home defense
Is there anything better than 00 buckshot in defensive shotgun loads?
(06-12-2015, 08:35 PM)TheWatcher Wrote: Is there anything better than 00 buckshot in defensive shotgun loads?

Honestly. No.

But the question remains, can every able person in our house effectively manipulate a 12ga shotgun loaded up for hell? If it's a pump/slide, will anyone short stroke under pressure. If it is an auto, will it funation reliably after sitting ready for years? It's really easy to stuff up a shotgun, so that's really the primary liniting factor IMO.

I'll continue to use reliable, full size big bore handguns with lights and sighting aids for my HD protection.

Or we can have a gay rustedpenis meme bullshitfest that shotguns only work on ducks.
i prefer 00 buck for inside home defense, outside the home a rifle.

closest weapons for me in the bed room are; glock 17 (my side night stand), sbs mossberg 500 (my side between night stand and bed), suppressed 5.56 sbr (her side) i live in a spanish style house with archways and hallways throughout the house. you cannot clear my house effectively with a full size weapon. i grew up using shotguns, used shotguns / ar platform rifles tactically for a living. i am comfortable using either. close quarters one on one i will grab the shotgun everytime. my home is set up with "fatal funnels" throughout the house (it is the design of a spanish style house), it is one of the reasons i chose this style of house.

my wife on the other hand while she can use a shotgun, she preforms best with a rifle. so she gets a rifle, and a hide out room if ever needed.
I keep my carry gun near me for hd, but, two 12 gauges with 3"000 buck (yes 000)if shit gets gritty.
Rusted ace is a fucking tard sometimes.

Buckshot fucks shit up....hard.
(06-13-2015, 08:56 AM)SNAFU Wrote: I keep my carry gun near me for hd, but, two 12 gauges with 3"000 buck (yes 000)if shit gets gritty.

only 6 pellets bro? what if there are sevens perps? do you even one pellet per perp wide spread shoot bro.

this would probably be a better choice for you

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2629

[Image: http://static.dudeiwantthat.com/gear/wea...n-8398.jpg]
My 3" 000 Buck has 10 pellets. Dodgy

Fun Fact: My wife believe s they are loaded with rubber buck shot that I bought a couple years ago.

The shotguns and a 22 rifle is all she is comfortable with but she doesn't want to kill anyone.

Man, if someone breaks in when I'm not home and she has to shoot them she is going to be pist when she finds out I didn't put the rubber shot in.
(06-14-2015, 03:58 AM)SNAFU Wrote: My 3" 000 Buck has 10 pellets. Dodgy

Fun Fact: My wife believe s they are loaded with rubber buck shot that I bought a couple years ago.

The shotguns and a 22 rifle is all she is comfortable with but she doesn't want to kill anyone.

Man, if someone breaks in when I'm not home and she has to shoot them she is going to be pist when she finds out I didn't put the rubber shot in.

You should stuff some confetti in there. Just for fun.
i have my grandfathers purdey shotgun, i think shotguns are best for hunting pheasants, partridge, and duck. i will stick to my webley 38/200 for defence, and a holland and holland double rifle for big game.
life is like a flower, one big whiff and a bee stings you right in the nose hole.
(06-14-2015, 05:17 AM)m4deejayar15 Wrote: i have my grandfathers purdey shotgun, i think shotguns are best for hunting pheasants, partridge, and duck. i will stick to my webley 38/200 for defence, and a holland and holland double rifle for big game.

I thought your mom said no guns allowed
The retard shouldn't have guns, after making veiled threats about killing himself.
(06-14-2015, 11:44 PM)SNAFU Wrote: The retard shouldn't have guns, after making veiled threats about killing himself.

who?

link?
Your autistic alter ego you are trying to save, the one JewJewChinks outed as a faggot munk.
(06-15-2015, 12:11 AM)tier1bro Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 11:44 PM)SNAFU Wrote: The retard shouldn't have guns, after making veiled threats about killing himself.

who?

link?

It was after deej's rant about girls in cutoff shorts or a a store not accepting his torn dolla dolls bill when the new issue of Highlights came in.

I forget which. Both were ridiculous, angry rants about nothing and were good for epic luls and epic mother hens. And when he came back everyone was like old yeller came back to life.
damn i always miss the good stuff.
(06-15-2015, 12:18 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Your autistic alter ego you are trying to save, the one JewJewChinks outed as a faggot munk.

oh i think i understand the confusion now, i sir do not have an alter ego. i think you are confusing me with that m4deejayar15 guy. he is not me (this should be easy to tell as he has an english accent). i do understand the confusion though as he also lives in florida, but i think he is a disc jocky (hence the name "deejay").
(06-15-2015, 12:18 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Your autistic alter ego you are trying to save, the one JewJewChinks outed as a faggot munk.

this jewjewchinks chap sounds interesting. i can hardly wait to met him.
life is like a flower, one big whiff and a bee stings you right in the nose hole.
An AR15 is better
Bug 
(06-12-2015, 08:35 PM)TheWatcher Wrote: Is there anything better than 00 buckshot in defensive shotgun loads?

This isn't to say 00 buckshot isn't a good fighting round, but it's not the best. ....
I want you for digital marketing or SEO of my site. I have no idea how to will be done my all multi-keywords have been top search results in the google and other search engine. This my site link http://www.fzillion.com
If you are interested plz quick reply...
(03-07-2016, 09:14 PM)long sleeve lace dress Wrote:

This isn't to say 00 buckshot isn't a good fighting round, but it's not the best. ....
I want you for digital marketing or SEO of my site. I have no idea how to will be done my all multi-keywords have been top search results in the google and other search engine. This my site link http://www.fzillion.com
If you are interested plz quick reply...
POO IN THE LOO
[attachment=1290]
Resurrecting an old thread.

00 ain't the best for HD

I was all 00 fan boy until this article convinced me over to #1 buck

http://www.chuckhawks.com/home_defense_shotgun_ammo.htm

The Firearms Tactical Institute reports:

"Number 1 buck is the smallest diameter shot that reliably and consistently penetrates more than 12 inches of standard ordnance gelatin when fired at typical shotgun engagement distances. A standard 2 ¾-inch 12 gauge shotshell contains 16 pellets of #1 buck. The total combined cross sectional area of the 16 pellets is 1.13 square inches. Compared to the total combined cross sectional area of the nine pellets in a standard #00 (double-aught) buck shotshell (0.77 square inches), the # 1 buck shotshell has the capacity to produce over 30 percent more potentially effective wound trauma. In all shotshell loads, number 1 buckshot produces more potentially effective wound trauma than either #00 or #000 buck. In addition, number 1 buck is less likely to over-penetrate and exit an attacker's body."
Devastating hit with a slug, but why not leverage the multi projectile capes for close range HD?
(05-24-2016, 02:24 AM)bone33 Wrote: cuz all I have to do is make the pumping noise.

+1

does he even pump, bro?
(05-24-2016, 06:28 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Here's the thing,if you rack the gun and they get scared and run away when you shoot them it's through the back.

Jesse Jackson will have a field day with that.

"just leave watermelon stations in the hallways, it'll distract them everytime and you can always get a clean shot on them."

- george zimmerman 2014
Guy I work with read a website and wants to use bird shot. I gave him the your tarded look.

I have 00 buck
Dodgy