Cleaning Gas Tube
With our cleaner burning powders how often should the gas tube be cleanified?
High Priest of Shit-Stirring.
U need to clean it?
self cleaning. Only issue would be a 22 conversion kit, in which case, shoot a full power round to blowout any buildup in the tube every couple hundred rounds or so. Thats the only scenario in which I could see a gas tube clogging
Bitch real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Whatever you do don't stick anything inside your gas tube. We've all seen those long q-tips and other things sold for cleaning your gas tube. Don't buy them and if someone tries to give you some tell them to fuck off. The gas tube is self cleaning.
Never intended to put anything in it. Was thinking gun scrubber and compressed air if it ever needed it.
how exactly does it self clean?
(real question)
#whiteprivilegematters

sic semper tyrannis
As has been said its self cleaning. Every 1k rounds run through a mag er 2 as fast as you can pull the trigger and it will cook off all the shit in there and blow it back into the bolt carrier, clean bc and your good to go, least that's what I do and most of the time I think its unnecessary and dramatic but do I realy have to justify a mag dump?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all"-Mattis
(04-05-2015, 12:15 PM)Lane pipe Wrote: how exactly does it self clean?
(real question)

super heated gas at high pressure
Bitch real Gs move in silence like lasagna
(real question)

When you pull the trigger very hot, high pressure gas flows through the gas tube. I have several high round count ARs a couple with heavy firing schedules and I've never cleaned a AR gas tube. I'm not certain you are serious. Me thinks maybe you're testing me, trolling me or maybe you don't own an AR. I hold a couple of armorer certificates. No brag, just fact.

Now if you shoot some commie steel case ammo just run some brass through your AR before you leave the range. The cheap commie ammo is dirty, especially the weak Tula stuff but it all runs dirtier than brass. As mentioned above if you run a .22 cal conversion shoot some 5.56 brass through your AR before you leave the range.

The only part of the AR gas tube you should clean is the small portion which sticks out into the upper receiver. Then you only clean the outside of the tube.
I do shoot Wolf steel cased occasionally. It doesn't appear to be too dirty.
no its a real question.
i have 3 AR's

i just dont know it all yet. i just meant like how scientifically. like the fouling in the gas tube is vaporized by the next round fired? rather the gas from the spent round...
#whiteprivilegematters

sic semper tyrannis
(04-05-2015, 09:06 PM)Gruppenfuhrer Wrote:
(real question)

When you pull the trigger very hot, high pressure gas flows through the gas tube. I have several high round count ARs a couple with heavy firing schedules and I've never cleaned a AR gas tube. I'm not certain you are serious. Me thinks maybe you're testing me, trolling me or maybe you don't own an AR. I hold a couple of armorer certificates. No brag, just fact.

Now if you shoot some commie steel case ammo just run some brass through your AR before you leave the range. The cheap commie ammo is dirty, especially the weak Tula stuff but it all runs dirtier than brass. As mentioned above if you run a .22 cal conversion shoot some 5.56 brass through your AR before you leave the range.

The only part of the AR gas tube you should clean is the small portion which sticks out into the upper receiver. Then you only clean the outside of the tube.

I shot for the first time russian steel case through my M6 IC a couple weeks ago and was amazed how much dirtier it was after 800+ rounds.
He's climbing through yo windows snatching your information up
if you think it needs to be cleaned i'd pony up $10 and just replace it.
"Who'd ever think that a guy living in Seattle that drives, owns and marries nothing even remotely American would ever be so condescending to another human being?"