Range Report with Pics(No Video; Sorry SNAFU)AVERY CUM HOME!!
Rainbow 
Arrived at the local range at about 10:15 am. The weather was nice, though I wish it was cooler. Temp was a balmy 89 degrees, no wind. More people there than I expected, most appeared to be senior citizens, all (with the exception of one guy) shooting ARs and some younger guys shooting an AKM, which was a WASR. I was in good company. Cold range was called, so I measured out 25 meters and placed my target, which was an old shot up realtor sign (it cut the piss out of my hand) attached to blue poster board which then had my simulated 300 meter silhouette target centered inside. This target is for the m4ar15.com carbine at 25 meters, and I downloaded it from bobdbob for free. You shall soon see my results.

Here is my set up:
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...60_HDR.jpg]
I was using some sand bags as my rest and the scope atop my Remington Model 700 to spot with. I need to get a spotting scope. Here is my first target
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...816080.jpg]
My method was to fire two rounds, using the large aperture on my sight and then making adjustments accordingly. The target gives you instructions, which is nice. My first shot actually impacted low and on the blue poster board, missing the target all together. So I adjusted. You can see the progression. Second target is getting better;
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...834365.jpg]
From here I have made one click, or 0.5 MOA to the right on windage. Only once did I adjust elevation, and that was after the first few rounds on the first target.

Now, the third target I expected better, but I wasn't getting consistent groups.
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...8738_1.jpg]
I was having flyers, and unable to get rounds in the black, save for the few wanders. Punching all these holes in the paper, it was getting very difficult to keep track of where I'm heading. I was getting lost in the sauce. Waiting for cold range, I found the little orange price sticker on the bottom of the poster board to be a good target. Follow me here;
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...204594.jpg]
Notice the high impact and the low impact (where the round stuck the metal and the copper jacket cut the paper). Yes, those. I had a great revelation; use the small aperture, dumbass! So, as I flip the aperture and hone in on the evil sticker, I let loose Moar M855 and without the scope, see the hole in the price. With great zeal, I whispered "Alhoha Snackbar." Most glorious grouping.

Fourth and final target:
[Image: http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad358...919498.jpg]

First two shots are circled. Amazing. Then, I speed up my shooting pace a little. Not so snackbar, but going from wanting to break that damn rifle in half two weeks ago till now...I got dialed in, boys. And I thank you very much for you helping me reach my goal. I used about 70 rounds, cause there were some clays sitting on the berm that looked schetchy and had to be dealt with, lol.

Remember, this is my first time using peep sights, shooting the AR, zeroing in the peep sights on the first AR I ever built, so I expect no slack or understanding from you you faggots. I just barely operate. Tongue
I cant say well done but

I salute you non the less

Mediocre job soldier.

Level tier 6 achieved
#whiteprivilegematters

sic semper tyrannis
(11-05-2015, 05:59 AM)Lane pipe Wrote: I cant say well done but

I salute you non the less

Mediocre job soldier.

Level tier 6 achieved

Thanks! I'll take it!
(11-05-2015, 05:45 AM)AveryBullock Wrote: I had a great revelation; use the small aperture, dumbass!    DUMBASS

I just barely operate. Tongue TIER6BRO (as lane mentioned above)

glad the queer stars aligned for you and you were able to get it figured out, you like how the bigger target helped? sometimes it is hard to aim and see the round hit just a couple feet off target. Big Grin
(11-05-2015, 07:53 AM)tier1bro Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 05:45 AM)AveryBullock Wrote: I had a great revelation; use the small aperture, dumbass!    DUMBASS

I just barely operate. Tongue    TIER6BRO (as lane mentioned above)

glad the queer stars aligned for you and you were able to get it figured out, you like how the bigger target helped? sometimes it is hard to aim and see the round hit just a couple feet off target.  Big Grin

Yes, indeed asshole. Tongue

The actual silhouette target is on regular size printer/office paper, not like I was using a four foot sized one, you smug dildo.
Don't be discouraged Avery, "these people" rely on optics to correct for lack of shooting ability.

Guy with a lazy eye even uses irons....
(11-05-2015, 08:19 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Don't be discouraged Avery, "these people" rely on optics to correct for lack of shooting ability.

You and I are of the Kalashnikov Fellowship, true Spartans.

Although, there was this really cool Vietnam Veteran that let me shoot his Colt AR carbine which was adorned with an EO Tech sight. Wow is all I can say about! Cool
(11-05-2015, 08:16 AM)AveryBullock Wrote: not like I was using a four foot sized one, you smug dildo.

meh, i always hit my target. it may be a quick jab or shallow penetration, but i always hit it. Tongue
(11-05-2015, 08:19 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Don't be discouraged Avery, "these people" rely on optics to correct for lack of shooting ability.

nigger please, my favorite rifle is a $150 dollar single shot 22 with $300 dollars worth of (williams and lyman) peep and globe sights. get back to me when you spend 2x the value of your rifle on mother fucking iron sights. Big Grin
Why would I do that?

AK sights are g2g and worst case scenario 120$ on the delayed Colt.
(11-05-2015, 09:50 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Why would I do that?

AK sights are g2g and worst case scenario 120$ on the delayed Colt.

i guess you don't even uber tier rifle sights, bro. much wow, such lame, lots of faggotry.

it is actually on a savage rascal, the factory peep, and blade sight sucked as they are tiny child sights. i upgraded them to real fucking sights, it shoots like a fucking laser so i was cool with spending money on great sights for it. if i could see a fly at 25 yards i could shoot a gnat off his ass with this fucker. Big Grin
Maybe you should try an optometrist. Holy shit.
(11-05-2015, 11:23 AM)DanTSX#1 Wrote: Maybe you should try an optometrist.  Holy shit.

Do you even shoot? Or do you have your Cambodian servant do that for you?

Ass nose.
(11-05-2015, 01:04 PM)AveryBullock Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 11:23 AM)DanTSX#1 Wrote: Maybe you should try an optometrist.  Holy shit.

Do you even shoot?  Or do you have your Cambodian servant do that for you?

Ass nose.

He's been shooting and smoking butts since he was 4
^Fudd +10000000000
(11-08-2015, 08:38 AM)FBHO Wrote: How about some details on the 700, I like it!  Cool

Thanks.

It was my Dad's, Remington Model 700 BDL chambered in 300 Win. Mag. Stainless steel with a matte finish and a Leupold VX-2 3-9 power with same finish. Laminated grey/green wood stock. It's almost 20 years old.

My Dad bought it when we lived in Pennsylvania, for those monster bucks. We'd also go out to his friend's homestead in Kentucky and hunt there, too. The rifle had seen more range time than field time. I come from a family of workaholics.

Last time it was fired was in 2006. It was always very accurate, but me being so young when me and Dad used to go shooting I can't remember what ammo delivered best. I need to clean it and let breathe fire again. I have a scar above my right eye from crowding the scope when light was fading...this bitch nearly knocked me out and the scope cut me to the skull bone. I bear the mark of shame.
Big Grin
Every have it discharge while turning off the safety?
(11-08-2015, 10:28 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Every have it discharge while turning off the safety?

No.

Tell me your story. Smile
Not my story, the 700 has a serious design flaw.

If I have time I'll look up the stories, even a police department reported problems, it kicked off big after some lady accidentally shot her kid.

She wouldn't have shot him with the flawed gun if she was practicing proper firearms safety, which I am willing to bet no one follows perfectly.
(11-08-2015, 11:09 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Not my story, the 700 has a serious design flaw.

If I have time I'll look up the stories, even a police department reported problems, it  kicked  off big after  some lady accidentally shot her kid.

She wouldn't have shot him with the flawed gun if she was practicing proper firearms safety, which I am willing to bet no one follows perfectly.

Wow. I was never aware of this problem. That's too bad about her kid. I had a near miss a few years ago with my Schmidt-Rubin K-31. I will tell you the story in a bit, but for now let's just say that it's always the unloaded gun that kills you. Sad
it is generally well known, it has plagued the model 700 for decades. some guns are safe some are not. just google rem model 700 safety or trigger issues you should find plenty.

other than that they are great rifles.
It's the 700 ATR? That took care of the problem but you can still get a regular 700.
There is a massive recall on the 700 saftey
Dodgy
Yes I believe so there is a large class action suit
Dodgy
Nice write up and progress. Keep that small aperature up and brace up the rifle further and you'll see even more potential.

Shooting with irons is what men do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shaved my back and ass with my monster blade, video interview added Leon82 31 10,326 06-17-2017, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Nick Gerz
  Gordon Kahl please call home hammerkill 0 372 02-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Last Post: hammerkill
  Video Shows the Emotional Toll that Comes with Using Justifiable Deadly Force M4ar15.com 2 508 02-04-2017, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Garandnimal
  Every single person in this video has had a cock in their mouth... Devils Advocate 4 893 01-28-2017, 12:41 PM
  Defending your home from a dozen armed attackers Lane pipe 2 458 01-27-2017, 03:27 AM
  My SNAFU Zombie Killing USGI USMC M16A4 MWS Clone. M4ar15.com 1 612 01-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: M4ar15.com
  A lot of members lurking. Unless you are snafu ready to arock someone you are gtg. M4ar15.com 3 690 01-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Shocked SNAFU says who's that man running MY forum? Now with lyrics M4ar15.com 6 1,201 01-14-2017, 07:30 AM
Exclamation Aww Snap Sniffles, Did I pay more for 1 gun then you paid for your trailer home? M4ar15.com 4 963 01-14-2017, 03:09 AM
  True American bro. Father freedom ringing your bell and put a boot in SNAFU's ass. M4ar15.com 0 319 01-14-2017, 12:23 AM