Walther PPQ M2 .45
Anyone know about this gun, or the series?
It's new Tongue
I know, and I hate first run stuff but it looks super awesome.

Can't find mags though.

I also never knew S&W distributed Walther, rumor has it that the new Walther is being "under advertised" so it doesn't steal sales from the M&P.
So you are looking at a Water gun???
(12-04-2015, 07:40 PM)Shiner Wrote: So you are looking at a Water gun???

Dodgy
(12-04-2015, 01:27 PM)SNAFU Wrote: I know, and I hate first run stuff but it looks super awesome.

Can't find mags though.

I also never knew S&W distributed Walther, rumor has it that the new Walther is being "under advertised" so it doesn't steal sales from the M&P.

That deal with S&W is long expired.  2013 was last year for it I think.   They still have some obligations to make the PPK for Walter, and I think there is some ongoing business agreements for the umarex made rim fire pistols and rifles. Walter has set up their own US distributor. And in true German fashion, they don't know shit from elbows in the American market, so you can think of all Walters as "under advertised" and also under-supported, which leads nicely into my next point.....

Like any new pistol, expect mag and accessory availability to be limited for a while.  And add in a multiplier for Walter, who is notorious for not having much beyond the gun itself.  In other words, if you like having 30 mags for each handgun, you might want to sit this one out.
I know that on the 9mm PPQ the recoil is ridiculous for a polymer 9mm. It shoots more like a .40. So you probably will have similar recoil issues on the 45. (Which is one reason I sold my Sig P220).

The sights on the 9/40 were also not great. Not that I expect them to be from the factory, but night sight options were limited when I was looking at the ppq's when they came out.

I got to shoot a few PPQ production models and some pre productions (like the 5") before they were released to the public. Neat gun. Not enough to move me off of Glock. Given the prices of HK Vp9, I'd go this route or a used HK45 if you simply must be jacked off by the ego-trip of owning a mass produced polymer pistol from Germany instead of Austria or the USA. Hk ownership is really more like a club where you can get blowjobs from the poors at the range, and then go home and talk shot about Glock shooters that actually shoot their guns, while you just shoot pictures of your HK's. You can call it "premium" to pretty much anyone who hasn't owned a custom 1911. Its perfect for aspirational dipshits Cool