7.62x39 upper
Ok I have a serious question! I'm thinking of getting another preban lower and putting the 7.62x39 upper on it. Anyone have experience with any certain brand , pros or cons ? Or should I not even bother? Thanks guys.
Only issue I've seen reported on the 7.62x39 cartridge in an AR is that they can be finicky and have some fails to feed. Not because of steel cased ammo, but because of the pronounced curve that those tapered cartridges make when stacked. Then trying to straighten them out in that magwell of the AR and having those weird mags can produce reliabilty issues. Most of its caused from the straight mag well, IIRC.

I considered one, too. But I passed. Mags look ghey.
OP, you have a Mak90, why do you hate it?
I love my Mak Heart
AR mags in 7.62x39 suck. If you want a commie round AR, do 7n6.

The bolts suck too. Not enough meat around the rim edge.

Mak if you want to play with calibers in the AR platform, look at a 9mm conversion. Ask the CT HTF moderator to see his internally suppressed 9mm conversion. That thing is a hoot.
(12-05-2015, 09:07 PM)DanTSX#1 Wrote: AR mags in 7.62x39 suck.  If you want a commie round AR, do 7n6.

The bolts suck too.  Not enough meat around the rim edge.

Mak if you want to play with calibers in the AR platform, look at a 9mm conversion.   Ask the CT HTF moderator to see his internally suppressed 9mm conversion.  That thing is a hoot.
I seen his video , it does look fun. To be honest I never even thought of that.