Poll: Is 40 good or does it recoil too much the vagina hurts?
This poll is closed.
40 is not a 50 Browning, but works.
81.82%
9 81.82%
40 is uncool because James Yeager said so.
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

.40 Smith & Wesson is Uncool, Thoughts?
Because the 40 is so uncool now, I decided to get one. I have an M&P40 and a Glock 19. For whatever reason, I shoot the 40 pretty accurate. Especially compared to 9mm models. I believe this was due to my old M&P9's funky barrel twist and shabby barrels.
I believe that the lower price of 40, along with the Glock and M&P caliber conversions, that the 40 is a better choice than ever before. It's quite a nasty bullet as well even in the flat nose fmj form. There are more shitty 9mm fancy hollow point loads that's the 40 as well.
Many of the guys that jumped on the 40 wagon are the guys that had the 45 ACP, then the 40's, and now have the 9mm pistols. I believe 40 will eventually bounce back once people realize that the fashion show on the tactical catwalk is run by fags like James Yeager.
I have a beretta 96d, beretta centurion, glock 27, and a steyr m in 40 cal. I like the round.
I have a 92G. 9mm
Dodgy
<i voted>

nominated for best original post of the week.

i actually prefer .40 s&w, most guys here will argue that other calibers are better. .40 s&w is the best s&w. i like to fuck with snafu about .40 now he is doubting himself even asking about alloy revolvers in 44 magnum. <dodgy>
(02-16-2016, 08:09 AM)SNAFU Wrote:
(02-16-2016, 07:37 AM)Leon82 Wrote: I have a 92G. 9mm

Can you put a .40 barrel in it?

Not sure
Dodgy
Everyone has their preferences.

9mm and 9x18 are the two pistol cals that I run.
Me too
Dodgy
Thumbs Up 
(03-18-2016, 10:43 AM)Leon82 Wrote: Me too

Big Grin
FNG here with my first post.

I work part time for fun at one of the major firearms retailers.

40's are sitting still, and just now going on sale, keep your eyes open for scorching deals.

I think the FBI's research stating they're going to 9mm, the military apparently sticking with 9mm is the reason 40 has fallen from popularity.

Whatever ... more guns is more better, keep your eyes open for deals, never hurts to diversify caliberation just in case.

And if the election lights a fire underneath the ammo hoarders, 40 and 45 will be more available than 9mm
(05-13-2016, 05:02 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Welcome!

Thank ya

(05-13-2016, 05:03 AM)bone33 Wrote: 40 was the last pistol caliber to disappear after Sandy Hook.

Hey there we go ... good to know and why we need to get one, at least as a back up to 9minimeter
Jump onboard this deal ... http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1GLK27
It started as a 10MM but some smaller police ladies and men had trouble with the recoil so it was downsized to 40 cal. A sort of in between cartridge so it has a following. Some police use it. I prefer 45acp. I guess because of the WWI & WW2 issues with me.

There are so many different cartridges, it's like you can shoot a different cartridge every single day for a year and not run out.
In reality it not needed at all. Most calibers are just copies or slight tweaks of another.
 I found Playboys in moms basement!
(05-14-2016, 07:22 PM)SNAFU Wrote: That's a frigid steal!
Aim Surplus is a good place to hang out. I scored a LEO trade in Glock Gen 2 19 (mid size 9mm) and Israeli Army Jericho (Jewish CZ) for both +/- that $350 price range. Both were in great shooting condition.

I def agree it's worth not putting all your eggs in one caliber.

If you guys don't have a .40, the Aim deal is a great one to take advantage of. It's a Glock, so a child can replace any worn out parts.

Edit ... Glock Gen 2, Model 22 (Full Size 40 Cal) for $299. Sooo tempting ... which I hadn't looked https://www.classicfirearms.com/glock-22...ght-sights
(05-17-2016, 02:58 AM)PattonWasRight Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 07:22 PM)SNAFU Wrote: That's a frigid steal!
Aim Surplus is a good place to hang out. I scored a LEO trade in Glock Gen 2 19 (mid size 9mm) and Israeli Army Jericho (Jewish CZ) for both +/- that $350 price range. Both were in great shooting condition.

I def agree it's worth not putting all your eggs in one caliber.

If you guys don't have a .40, the Aim deal is a great one to take advantage of. It's a Glock, so a child can replace any worn out parts.

Edit ... Glock Gen 2, Model 22 (Full Size 40 Cal) for $299. Sooo tempting ... which I hadn't looked https://www.classicfirearms.com/glock-22...ght-sights

Jericho is a tangfolio clone not cz
(05-24-2016, 07:22 AM)DanTSX Wrote: Jericho is a tangfolio clone not cz
U so wong.

Both are cloners of the CZ design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75#Clon...ufacturers
I've got a G22 3rd gen and a SW40G. The G22 is my #2 EDC and the Sigma is a safe queen for the sole reason it has vicious muzzle flip.

.40 does the job, but I don' believe that the round itself is as accurate as the 9mm or the .45ACP. That comes from seeing some 1911 builds chambered in it compared to identical build in 9mm and .45