East Europe demilled AK?
Say your Uncle Milos, who lives in one of those countries that ends with an a, can get his hands on a demilled AK. Can he legally stick it in a box and ship it UPS to you?
not unless you like prison. itar rules apply to gun parts also. maybe you never get caught, but i am almost certain customs will detect it with the xray. maybe they just throw it away, maybe they set up a delivery sting. i guess your odds of going to jail are dependent on how busy they are that week, odds of you actually getting the parts 0 (well more like 1% after all retards reelected obama, so anything is possible).
(01-27-2016, 12:19 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Make sure the barrel is cut up.

all gun parts to include scopes / optics fall under itar. this is a situation where you are actually handing the man a violation and saying "hey is this ok?" the answer is one of two.

1.) no handcuffs.
2.) handcuffs.

op i don't know you from adam, but this is not something i would recommend fucking around with. every package coming in goes through an xray, metal detector, sniffer, ect. it will most likely be caught, and it will not end well.
Guess that would be a no.
(01-27-2016, 01:16 AM)SNAFU Wrote: That's odd.....

There is a guy on the files that ships all kinds of mags,furniture,scope mounts, gear,etc.

From poland.

Lots of real hard to get Russian mags.

there are some exceptions. some parts can be shipped. this changes at times, also the country who you are doing business with changes at times. i would be willing to bet getting ANY gun part from russia right now would be hard to do. i would not suggest risking it, to know the law you would need to atleast hire an attorney who specializes in matters of "itar law". seems that would negate any savings on the parts kit.

this doesn't mean i wouldn't buy one someone already smuggled in to the country, i just wouldn't be involved in the smuggling.
also alot of european countries would consider demilling the chamber as demilled. an example is (let's use the m16) an m16 with the chamber welded up (or drilled out) and the firing pin hole welded would be considered demilled (and legal for anyone to own), where as it would be considered a machine gun here (as the lower is still in complete working order).

demilling procedure in the US has also changed over the past couple decades. a thompson demilled (as legal) in 1986 maybe considered a machine gun by today's atf demill standards.
(01-27-2016, 04:22 AM)QuickSilver Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 04:16 AM)tier1bro Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 01:16 AM)SNAFU Wrote: That's odd.....

There is a guy on the files that ships all kinds of mags,furniture,scope mounts, gear,etc.

From poland.

Lots of real hard to get Russian mags.

there are some exceptions. some parts can be shipped. this changes at times, also the country who you are doing business with changes at times. i would be willing to bet getting ANY gun part from russia right now would be hard to do. i would not suggest risking it, to know the law you would need to atleast hire an attorney who specializes in matters of "itar law". seems that would negate any savings on the parts kit.

this doesn't mean i wouldn't buy one someone already smuggled in to the country, i just wouldn't be involved in the smuggling.

He ships to a guy in US that has import / export license then it gets shipped to buyer.

that would explain it.