Favorite configuration and range results
Like the title states...What's your favorite Kalashnikov configuration that you like to run?
What parts do you like and why...
Favored Ammunition?
Favorite Magazine types?

And finally, if you have any range results please post and pics.
!!PLEASE!! 100 yards or greater.

No one wants to see your "Expert Marksman" skills at 50 yards or less.
I have an fpk.
Dodgy
This isn't my favorite configuration but this is how it was configured the last time I took it to the range.
I will eventually be changing out a lot of the parts soon.
Butt stock, PG, Handgards, brake and likely a 4x power red dot.

It's bare metal at the moment awaiting parts.
[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...G_1404.jpg]

Did have a 30mm Midwest bracket on it with a Vortex Strikefire but got tired of it all together.

No my best range day and not my worst.
Was just dicking around at 100 yards.

Kinda disappointed that I missed 5 of the shots.
Shot a mixture of Fiocchi 124grain FMJ brass cased and some cheap Tula.
I gotta find out the average width and length of a human torso cause I think this is smaller than the average.
[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...G_1743.jpg]
(03-24-2016, 09:06 AM)bone33 Wrote: I shoot CMP with my Arsenal 26 SKS
milsurp ammo
box mag
no pics, but I place middle of the road overall.

I'd like to eventually get me an SKS.
I used to want the one that takes AK mags but I heard and have seen it have reliability issues.

Looks better with the fixed mag anyway.
I'd probably go for any of them...(Chinese, Yugo, Russian).
I agree about the iron sites 100%.
I was running a red dot buy got tired of it, took it off and have only been shooting with the irons.

As far as furniture goes I like stuff that makes it more comfortable for me.
The Warsaw length butt stock doesn't work for me too well.

I've got a Romy G dong stock set on it right now. Wanted have the set to give it the original look and I got the set complete and at a good deal.

I don't ever get shot groups like yours but then again I never try to get it.
My targets mimic the width of human center mass and I'm happy with that.

I'd be lying if I said that my eye sight was perfect but I still manage.
Irons and the cheapest ammo I can find

then a dot

Scopes on an ak is like a tactical mosin - for the most part ghey (even if it works)
Here's what I got out of my shitty WASR on Monday.

Overall, it was a pretty good day.
Range was empty for most of my visit until a family showed up.
Total fucking noobs and got barrel flagged by the idiots wife.

100 yards, mix of Tula FMJ, HP, Golden Tiger, and Fiocchi.[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...olhicv.jpg]

[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...zkvmo9.jpg]

I might adjust windage a cunt hair to the right.

The other inhabitants of my shooting range.[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...lcsu9r.jpg]
jesus christ are you in florida too? that gopher would kill snafu's pussy ass badger.
whatever you do DO NOT grind up that gopher meat and make chili or spaghetti sauce with it. replacing hamburger meat with gopher is;

1.) illegal.
2.) immoral because the are protected.
3.) tasty (so i have read in history books from a time when it was legal to eat them).

Dodgy
(05-26-2016, 12:13 AM)tier1bro Wrote: jesus christ are you in florida too? that gopher would kill snafu's pussy ass badger.

Yup, North Florida.

He/she is the biggest tortoise on the range and he/she has a quite big burrowing hole.
There are two smaller ones who occupy that 100 yard range amongst their other ranges.

I was walking down range to check my target and heard some faint rustling in the shrubbery.
Looked over and saw the guy in the pic eating some leaves.

I walked pretty close and he/she didnt pay any mind until I was bout 7 feet away.  
Just sat there looking at me. lol

[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...s389n6.jpg]
[Image: http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q504...xklvu3.jpg]

FYI, I didnt shoot at any of them nor do I have plans to eat any of them.
How can I shoot at an animal that lives on a shooting range?? They don't even seem to care about the weapon fire.
i saw a big gopher like this walking next to a tiny gopher. it was cute like a mom and baby, but in real life the animal lays eggs and leaves them so it was just a coincidence, but cool none the less.

i am about 45 minutes north of tampa. i am on "florida's nature coast".
(05-26-2016, 02:08 AM)SNAFU Wrote: OP beta'd Avery ' s group.

AVERY beta'd avery's group.
(05-26-2016, 07:49 AM)bone33 Wrote: we have alot of whitetail deer at my range.  they are very tame and will just about let you pet them. We are not permitted to shoot any widelife, so i think they feel safe.  sometimes they will walk out on the ranges during live fire, they are so accustomed to the reports.

It would be kinda weird being around tame deer, petting them and then having the gawl to shoot at them.
I'd leave them be.

They're like a bunch of furry range buddies!
(05-26-2016, 02:08 AM)SNAFU Wrote: OP beta'd Avery ' s group.

I can get the groups tighter than that.
I really don't shoot as often as I should and that warsaw length butt stock isn't exactly the most comfortable thing to use.
(05-27-2016, 12:17 AM)SNAFU Wrote: I learned to love the Warsaw length stocks,at first I couldn't fucking stand it and then I realized I was doing it wrong.

I lay my nose along the top cover and it's pretty comfy.

The folders are the worst,iI liked having a folder on my Tantal but it was terrible trying to get consistent groups.

+1

Obviously  I can shoot the ak effectively but like you stated grouping is a real pain in the flipping ass.
I'll try some different stuff the next time I go including your method.

I know I can get better groups.

I bet I could shoot out the damn red middle on that target with an ar though.
Nothing is more accurate IMO than Iron peep sites.

If I could achieve getting all those rounds within the "8" on that target I'll be pretty flipping happy.
More range time!!!!!
It's hard to pick a favorite AK hell I have a collection of them from the earliest imports to the latest. I guess if I had to pick one it would be one of my milled Arsenals. They seem to shoot the best and I always liked the milled rifles.

Ammo, There was some East German m4ar15.com that came in back when the first EG imports hit our shores. I loved the stuff. The Yugo M67 is another of my favorites. After the surplus 7,62x39 dried up some real Russian Hollow Point came in under the guise of hunting ammo. I shot a boat load of that stuff. It worked great on deer. Opened up to almost twice it's original size. Of the current 7,62x39 available I like Golden Tiger and the Wolf Mil-Spec.

Mags, The East German 30 round AK mag is the best of the steel AK mags and my favorite. They are built better and operate very smooth compared to all the others. The Polish and Hungarian are nice. The Bulgarian steel mags that used to be available weren't bad either but they're not around anymore. The Bulgarian polymer mags are nice but I hate the price they go for now. I bought some when they were first available for under 10 bucks each retail.
For new, Milled Arsenals are pretty sweet, and IMO worth the price.

Outside of that, I feel that the old Chinese polytech were pretty fucking legit in both milled and stamped configurations.

My preference is actually stamped AK's for their lighter weight. Stamped -74's with standard stocks are sweet especially if you got into 7n6 before the import restrictions. But I understand how people prefer milled, so that is my typical suggestion for others.

We had limited selections for AK's in CT before the ban. Now we can get any of the pre-94 AK's no problem. But the issue is that very few pre ban AK's were in 5.45x39, so we are mainly getting 7.62x39 and .223 AK's now.
(05-31-2016, 10:31 PM)DanTSX Wrote: For new, Milled Arsenals are pretty sweet, and IMO worth the price.

Outside of that, I feel that the old Chinese polytech were pretty fucking legit in both milled and stamped configurations.

My preference is actually stamped AK's for their lighter weight.   Stamped -74's with standard stocks are sweet especially if you got into 7n6 before the import restrictions.   But I understand how people prefer milled, so that is my typical suggestion for others.

We had limited selections for AK's in CT before the ban.  Now we can get any of the pre-94 AK's no problem.  But the issue is that very few pre ban AK's were in 5.45x39, so we are mainly getting 7.62x39 and .223 AK's now.

As the years have gone by I've been liking the Chinese AK's more and more.
Hell, I even like the post ban MAK-90 with the thumbhole stock on it.

I got into 5.45 before all the restrictions hit but had to sell 2-3 tins of 7n6 for various reasons.
I haven't fired my 5.45 rifle in sometime now (brother has it locked up in his safe) and prob won't fire it again.
It's an SGL31-94 Arsenal. Prices are going up from the ban and I'd rather sell it off for the $$$.
Nothing against people who collect and etc.. but I'd rather sell the Arsenal and replace it with something a little more common and less expensive. Firearms are just tools to me and I try not to collect anything.

5.45 is a pretty kick ass round though.
You should shoot the arsenal

It's not worth that much that you'll change your life if sold.  And guns are meant to be shot

Also, 7n6 has not increased like I thought it would had. Keep buying it
(06-01-2016, 02:33 AM)DanTSX Wrote: You should shoot the arsenal

It's not worth that much that you'll change your life if sold.  And guns are meant to be shot

Also,  7n6 has not increased like I thought it would had.  Keep buying it

Agree, guns are meant to be shot though I don't need a bunch of stuff to be content. (Not talking shit or anything of the sorts)
I like keeping it minimal.

I don't know why but 7.62x39mm just gives me more of a hard on for some reason.
It has nothing to do with the amount of ammo that I have either cause I have about the same amount of both and both cals are readily available in my area.

Fricking love the Yugo steel Bolt hold open mags also.
I have an fpk.
Dodgy
(06-01-2016, 06:00 AM)Leon82 Wrote: I have an fpk.

Why aren't you out shooting it?

My dick would be in its breech right now.
I got to. Haven't in a while
Dodgy
(06-01-2016, 08:25 AM)Leon82 Wrote: I got to. Haven't in a while

Wanna sell it? LOL

I'll prob. never get an SVD due to its cost but would love an FPK/PSL.
We need more range results from the shit accuracy of the AK.

You guys might shit a brick if you see my 5 shoot group @100 yards with a "shitty" poor mans WASR.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Range report!! ArRunner5.56 6 1,243 03-27-2017, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ArRunner5.56