Home built arc welder from recycled microwaves.
So I stumbled on to these plans about 6 months ago and finily decided to buy em up:
http://www.dansworkshop.com/2008/03/home...rc-welder/
I'm not affiliated with this guy at all but I was so impressed with the work he put into it I gotta throw him a bone.

This will be my build thread for my monster build. It will probely take 6 months to a year and ill start off with a smaller stick welder and a spot welder to cut my teeth on but the main project is gonna be an ac/dc multi process mig/tig/stick machine ran on gas.
Please feel free to have discussion about your own projects and experiences in between my progress. All things involving welder building are welcome in this thread!
Disclamer i am a novice in both welding and basic electronics, use any material in this thread at your own risk and personal liability. Research everything you plan to utilize and read read read!!!

Now off to start collecting microwaves!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all"-Mattis
Interesting.....

Try not to electrocute yourself.

You could always do the 2 12 volt batteries hooked up to jumper cable trick....
(04-26-2015, 01:44 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Interesting.....

Try not to electrocute yourself.

You could always do the 2 12 volt batteries hooked up to jumper cable trick....
Not enough duty cycle in the jumber cable special lol. And If y'all stop hearing from me you know Its because i chose not to take your advice about electrocuting myself...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all"-Mattis
Do they have freecycle shops around you?

It's a company that pics up shit like appliances that work and they give them away to whoever wants them.
(04-26-2015, 02:07 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Do they have freecycle shops around you?

It's a company that pics up shit like appliances that work and they give them away to whoever wants them.

Fuck I wish, I'm just gonna post some flyers on the bulletin bord outside the grocery store. The cool thing is they can be fucked as the transformers don't really burn out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Did he electrocute himself?
(07-30-2015, 09:09 AM)No Shit Wrote: he burnt his dick off.

i was there i saw it. his name was bonny Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Built AK Barrel Press: OPINIONS. SNAFU 17 5,319 05-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: tier1bro
  Home built picture thread boonie rat 1 1,409 04-12-2015, 03:04 AM
Last Post: sloppyjoe999
  Home built tools boonie rat 2 1,781 04-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: chickenfucker