I'm a victim of marketing crap
Tons of tempting offers this Memorial Day

Got a Classic Firearms email

Combined it with beer

Then read this ... http://www.breachbangclear.com/radical-firearms/

And bought this ... https://www.classicfirearms.com/radical-...2fgs-rifle

I'm a victim.
It is a good deal, from an up & comin' company. No sarky-asm, it's just I had no intent on buying (another) AR, but I am weak.

Reading about the company and their CNC set up, lifetime warranty, their culture, I decided it was too good to pass on.
Ah, I am unknowingly clever!

Cool, I have a gift for stirring the pot!
(05-31-2016, 08:17 AM)PattonWasRight Wrote: It is a good deal, from an up & comin' company. No sarky-asm, it's just I had no intent on buying (another) AR, but I am weak.

Reading about the company and their CNC set up, lifetime warranty, their culture, I decided it was too good to pass on.

the only issues i know of where a year or two back they had issues with barrel extensions coming off (they were treating their barrels and extensions assembled, instead of installing the extension after barrel treatment). they seemed to handle the returns, and i have heard no more bad about them.

the link was a decent read.
Nice. 500 bucks I'd buy a couple if I could .
(05-31-2016, 08:49 AM)tier1bro Wrote: [
the only issues i know of where a year or two back they had issues with barrel extensions coming off (they were treating their barrels and extensions assembled, instead of installing the extension after barrel treatment). they seemed to handle the returns, and i have heard no more bad about them.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that from my googlin ... makes me a bit suspicious when there's no negative stuff on a company, especially a new one.

I guess I figure that with Crooked Hillary having a good chance at becoming the country's most useless President, getting a halfway decent AR for $518 delivered (and no FFL fees for me) is a good bet.
(05-31-2016, 09:11 AM)PattonWasRight Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 08:49 AM)tier1bro Wrote: [

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that from my googlin ... makes me a bit suspicious when there's no negative stuff on a company, especially a new one.

I guess I figure that with Crooked Hillary having a good chance at becoming the country's most useless President, getting a halfway decent AR for $518 delivered (and no FFL fees for me)  is a good bet.

their barrels are still stocked by some of the guys i trust, and from everything i have seen the issue has been corrected. i got pretty hot and heavy into the "neck bearding" during the last panic, so i gained a world of knowledge in a years time. i have a separate "gotta buy this shit computer" set up right here beside the "marfcom computer" just to hit me up when a deal comes along.

i am sure it seemed like i was giving you a hard time when i kept shitting on your "what about this brand" posts the other day, but i assure you it was well intended, and based solely on research. Big Grin
(05-31-2016, 09:13 AM)bone33 Wrote: I don't even buy whole AR's anymore...  I assemble the uppers and mill a lower and there I have it.

Props to ya ... I'm still workin' on my car racing buddy's drill press set up for my poly lower experiment.

You milling forged aluminum lowers?
(05-31-2016, 09:22 AM)bone33 Wrote: yes and billet.

hey if you don't hear from your $15 lower guy he said on the other forum he was gonna be out of town for a week. he made it sound like he was the only guy in the shop (or atleast very small number of people there), a few more guys over there ordered some. at least i got the feeling it seems a little more legit now. Big Grin

i am still not ordering any with my credit card. Dodgy
WTF???

$15 billet aluminum 80% lower? That sure smells like a scam. Maybe rejects from someone else's batch
(05-31-2016, 09:36 AM)PattonWasRight Wrote: WTF???

$15 billet aluminum 80% lower?  That sure smells like a scam. Maybe rejects from someone else's batch

they were forged (not billet) 80% blems. they do have some issues, but they would be perfect for a new guy to fuck up the first couple with, 'cause you know it is going to happen. Big Grin
I made them from raw blanks back at the old shop

[Image: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/L...0_1014.jpg]

[Image: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/L...0_1174.jpg]
Dodgy
(05-31-2016, 10:02 AM)bone33 Wrote: teir1bro,
the shop addy is a house... they only sell 80% lowers and 100% uppers and LPK's and bullet buttons.  Its a 1 man band re-seller.  He is out of stock at this time, but says he has a few more...  Once people realize this is legit and post on Barf about it, im sure he will sell out real fast.

The issues with the lowers are very minor to fix if you have some experience.

this is pretty much what i had figured after reading his post on arfcom this weekend. i am sure this sell will be good exposure for him and business will "pick up" after this. my concern is not that "a new company" just takes my money and runs, but more on the pain in the ass of having to handle refunds, charge backs, changing cards again. (the biggest red flag for me was that it had been posted for more than 24 hours and the site still showed in stock, on a weekend of sales i figured this meant arfcom (the king of buying flashlights and watches from chinese sellers from questionable websites) was also sketched out too with this deal.)

this will be a double edge sword though, those who risked it will likely get a great deal, people like me who erred on the side of caution will pay more next time. as the old saying goes, "ya snooze ya lose". Big Grin
(05-31-2016, 09:22 AM)tier1bro Wrote: their barrels are still stocked by some of the guys i trust, and from everything i have seen the issue has been corrected. i got pretty hot and heavy into the "neck bearding" during the last panic, so i gained a world of knowledge in a years time. i have a separate "gotta buy this shit computer" set up right here beside the "marfcom computer" just to hit me up when a deal comes along.

i am sure it seemed like i was giving you a hard time when i kept shitting on your "what about this brand" posts the other day, but i assure you it was well intended, and based solely on research.   Big Grin

Cool, good to hear in on the barrels. What's your 'gotta buy this shit computer' aimin' for ... just curious. I'm sorta of a prepper / hobbiest.

Comments ... no worries ... any honest double-barrel opinions are what's missing in our overly PC world anyways. That's good shit!
(05-31-2016, 09:50 AM)Leon82 Wrote: I made them from raw blanks back at the old shop

[Image: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/L...0_1014.jpg]

[Image: http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/L...0_1174.jpg]

Wait

Is that aluminum?
Yes!
Dodgy
(05-31-2016, 10:18 PM)PattonWasRight Wrote: <snip>What's your  'gotta buy this shit computer' aimin' for ... just curious. I'm sorta of a prepper / hobbiest.

i am not really a "prepper", but i and my family shoot alot so i am always looking for good deals on reliable plinking ammo (ie; pmc bronze, or pmc xtac stuff when it is 5.99 for a box of 20).

my main hunt is stuff to resale (ie; black friday psa $12 metalform 9mm mags, $30 dollar 9mm mag conversion blocks, ect.) until recently the cheapest metalforms had been in years was $30 bucks (psa now stocks them at $20). i bought 100 of them and sold 80 of them locally and on gunbroker for $25 each, i sold 15 or 20 of the $30 conversion blocks for $50 each locally and on gunbroker. just these two items from that one sale paid for me to build 3 paid for me to build 3 9mm ar's (i just order the barrels this weekend from aim for $89 shipped), when they get here these will be complete minus optic. not bad for the price of a walmart shit computer and a couple hours here and there (this was less than the course of 6 months, so i could possibly buy, sell, and build 3 more if the right sales come along).

online "retard blowout" sales, .gov "crack dealer" auctions, and buying rehab houses when the market dips has supported a decent lifestyle post retirement. Big Grin
(05-31-2016, 08:22 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Did you post this in the AK forum just to troll?

Because it's a good troll.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^minus the good troll part.
(06-01-2016, 12:15 AM)tier1bro Wrote: online "retard blowout" sales, .gov "crack dealer" auctions, and buying rehab houses when the market dips has supported a decent lifestyle post retirement.  Big Grin
Nice, I admire that. I have a ways to go, we still have two kids in college, but I am def always listening for hobby related / resourceful ways to earn a buck after I give up my battle station (work cube-iffice).
Got this babay in yesterday

Very nice, has that immediate and satisfying look and feel of quality

Aim Surplus also has these in stock again, just got their email yesterday ... $499 free shipping, no sales tax (for most)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?i...oupid=5387

Classis Firearms is where I got mine, same price but + shipping https://www.classicfirearms.com/radical-...2fgs-rifle
Yep, quite nicely ... two solid metal lips on each side.
Radical has had some bad QC issues with their barrels, but for $500 I think you made a good choice. Larue has had sales on his barrels recently and they are tier1bro if you want to upgradr.
(06-05-2016, 04:41 AM)Potato Wrote: Radical has had some bad QC issues with their barrels, but for $500 I think you made a good choice. Larue has had sales on his barrels recently and they are tier1bro if you want to upgradr.
Thx .... was that barrel stuff related to the flash hider / how was mounted or something like that? Someone posted about that. If not, gots any details on so I can watch for? I'll see how this barrel groups at a 100 yard I have quick access to, we'll see what she's got.
(06-05-2016, 04:17 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Full auto BCG?
Didn't look at that ... will take a look next time to see if has the extra bcg area

EDIT ... Nice, indeed it is a full auto bcg.
(06-05-2016, 09:59 AM)PattonWasRight Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 04:41 AM)Potato Wrote: Radical has had some bad QC issues with their barrels, but for $500 I think you made a good choice. Larue has had sales on his barrels recently and they are tier1bro if you want to upgradr.
Thx .... was the barrel stuff related to the flash hider / how was mounted or something like that? Someone posted about that. If not, gots any details on so I can watch for?

(06-05-2016, 04:17 AM)SNAFU Wrote: Full auto BCG?
Didn't look at that ... will take a look next time to see if has the extra bcg area

It was related to the barrel extension which is permanently installed during the barrel manufacturing process. Not something you can adjust or repair.
(06-05-2016, 05:46 PM)JAMF Wrote: Weren't they nitrideing the assembled barrel and having the extension loose torque?
I rember some one having that issue.

+1

this was the complaint, they seemed to take care of the issue if you mentioned it to them, but this is something that should have never happened to begin with.