Glock22 trigger
New to me Glock 22. First time shooting it, smooth trigger then hit a wall. Feels like it's hanging up on something. Don't like glocks in general anyway. Should I do a ghost connector and a trigger polish to lighten, or just switch back to the M&P 40?
Mainly got the Glock for an outdoors gun. If I get it wet or muddy, who cares. We have three breeding populations of feral hogs, coyote hybrids and two legged varmints, so carrying while out and about is a good idea.
Google 25 cent trigger job and you will be good to go.

I miss my gen 4 g22.

Excellent firearm.
Said fuck it and ordered some parts off of ebay. Polish the replacements, and have the originals in case I booger something up.
It's pretty hard to fuck up.

I did my G22 with a qtip and Flitz.

Are the replacement parts factory Glock?

2 reasons.

1) Glock is good shit.

2) If you are carrying this gun and install an aftermarket lighter trigger and end up shooting someone it is a possibility a shit bag attorney could say you installed those parts because you wanted maximum killing power from your evil black gun.
Oem, taken off of guns turned into simulations for training. Plus, always nice to have spares hanging around.
Sounds like a good plan.
If anyone wonders why some people lurk on a gun forum, post some gun stuff. Maybe they'll come forward. GD stuff is fun for a while, but damn. Brought up the Glock vs M&P, .40 for hogs, and hog and coyote killing in general with no bites. Argue about chick's with dicks, but leave this shit alone all in one thread? Even the AR vs AK died down.
BTW, I own both styles of rifles and pistols above. Along with 870 rem and a 500 moss. Also a Norc 1911. I like to try both sides of the debate instead of just being a fanboy.
New York trigger spring was in it.. Used a 3.5 connector and kept the spring set up. Very respectable pull now. Not too light. Confused the hell out of me when I first took it apart.
Isn't the new York trigger about 6 lbs?

That must have REALLY felt like shit.
Pulled out the NY trigger and put in a normal spring. Used 2000 grit on all contact points. Trigger is now better than the M&P. Need to take it out and put some rounds through it tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. Still not close to the 1911 in feel or looks.
(05-14-2015, 07:07 PM)SNAFU Wrote: Isn't the new York trigger about 6 lbs?

That must have REALLY felt like shit.

new york trigger is more like a revolver trigger pull (starts normal then gets heavier)

ny 1 trigger - starts at 5.5 pounds then increases to 11 pounds

ny 2 trigger - starts at 7 pounds then increases to 11 pounds

where as a standard glock trigger is about 5 - 6 pounds all the way through (no increase or "stacking feel")
(05-14-2015, 02:23 PM)dbump Wrote: New York trigger spring was in it.. Used a 3.5 connector and kept the spring set up. Very respectable pull now. Not too light. Confused the hell out of me when I first took it apart.

Yeah that will spoil the party.

Just the factory 5.5# setup is very nice IMO. Get used to shooting from reset. That is, pull the trigger, hold it back after the striker releases, and slowly let the trigger out until it clicks. Then pull from that point again. If you are doing it right, the trigger shouldn't ever go back to it's fully extended position like it is when your finger isn't on it.

make sense? The reset is the best part of the Glock trigger. Allows very tactile feedback for VERY fast shooting!

Enjoy!
(05-20-2015, 07:31 PM)DanTSX Wrote:  The reset is the best part of the Glock trigger.  Allows very tactile feedback for VERY fast shooting!

Enjoy!

agreed.
I installed a 17 trigger (smooth face) along with a 3.5# connector and New York trigger spring into my 19G4

A tad heavier than stock, but no annoying Sponge Gaston trigger.
Producer of the acclaimed series "Oh Lane! Where art thou?"
(05-20-2015, 07:31 PM)DanTSX Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 02:23 PM)dbump Wrote: New York trigger spring was in it.. Used a 3.5 connector and kept the spring set up. Very respectable pull now. Not too light. Confused the hell out of me when I first took it apart.

Just the factory 5.5# setup is very nice IMO.  Get used to shooting from reset.  That is, pull the trigger, hold it back after the striker releases, and slowly let the trigger out until it clicks.  Then pull from that point again.  If you are doing it right, the trigger shouldn't ever go back to it's fully extended position like it is when your finger isn't on it.

make sense?  The reset is the best part of the Glock trigger.  Allows very tactile feedback for VERY fast shooting!

Enjoy!

I've had instructors tell me to ride the reset and others tell me to release the trigger after each round.

All my shooting is practice for a gun fight, so I release the trigger after each round to allow it to reset.

This works for my, something else might work better for you.
Producer of the acclaimed series "Oh Lane! Where art thou?"
I've tried both ways with the Glock I had.

I didn't notice much of a difference, it was hard for me to get a good trigger pull at first cuz I am a DA guy.

Once I worked it out I was not letting it reset.

Shooting a handgun properly is an individual feel IMO.
(05-21-2015, 02:13 AM)nationwide Wrote:
(05-20-2015, 07:31 PM)DanTSX Wrote:

Just the factory 5.5# setup is very nice IMO.  Get used to shooting from reset.  That is, pull the trigger, hold it back after the striker releases, and slowly let the trigger out until it clicks.  Then pull from that point again.  If you are doing it right, the trigger shouldn't ever go back to it's fully extended position like it is when your finger isn't on it.

make sense?  The reset is the best part of the Glock trigger.  Allows very tactile feedback for VERY fast shooting!

Enjoy!

I've had instructors tell me to ride the reset and others tell me to release the trigger after each round.

All my shooting is practice for a gun fight, so I release the trigger after each round to allow it to reset.

This works for my, something else might work better for you.

Nothing says you can't ride from reset in a gunfight!

I've been instructed both ways as well.

If you shoot or carry different guns, you should release fully because you'll likely do a false reset and fuck up the follow-up shots.

I carry Glocks or S&W third gens, so I shoot from reset since both have ridiculously short resets. The smith is even shorter than the Glocks (like 1911 short).

I'm very fast off the reset on either system, and I pretty much pump bullets into whatever target I am working on until the "threat" is "dead".
(05-23-2015, 05:27 AM)FBHO Wrote: The problem with that is, it is conducive to negligent discharges as well. It is a unsafe practice that offers no real advantage.

How? If I'm not ready to fire, I'm not having a finger in the trigger.

If I'm riding reset, I'm already firing. I approach the glock like a DA/SA for first shot.

Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting 15 more times.

Glock reset #1
explain yerself fbho
#whiteprivilegematters

sic semper tyrannis
Do any of you even operate?
(05-28-2015, 05:06 PM)No Shit Wrote: FN 5.7 FTMFW!!!!!

Dumbest handgun ever.
i operate

on snafus posting failure
#whiteprivilegematters

sic semper tyrannis