Another Range report!!
Here is my range report on my NPAP M70 Zastava AK rifle. 

I have owned this rifle for 2 years now.
Ammo shot: 
Tulammo 123 grain FMJ  & HP (This has been the majority shot) 
Wolf 123 Grain FMJ & HP 
M67 Yugo 123 grain FMJ 
Russian HP hunting ammo 124 grain 
Red army standard Brass case ammo 
Norinco Silver box 123 grain FMJ 
Silver Bear 
Brown Bear

I have shot the hell out of this rifle, on day one at the range it was 20 degrees outside just snowed that week, but had a sunny day, had to walk down to the range. I took a 50 cal ammo box full of ammo just dumped in there. I had one combloc metal mag & one Tapco mag I shot almost that whole ammo box. When I got done I had about a inch of ammo left on the bottom. 
I would have shot all of it but that paper clip retaining pin broke. I almost lost my hammer & trigger pins. 

This AK has went through a lot of changes in the last 2 years, I tried the tactical look, didn't like it. Went back to basic wood. Played around with different optic options, scope mount, gas tube mount, etc. Did not like any of those but got the Strike Industries Rear sight rail, I got it installed which took a bit of gunsmith work but I love working on my own fire arms. 
I then purchase the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot. So far liking this setup. 
Other Items installed on the rifle: 
Fighter Muzzle brake
Power Custom Retaining plate
G2 double hook trigger. 
Also a lot of shooting. 
This rifle as of now has over 5,000 rounds of ammo through it with the only malfunctions where magazine related, I sold all my Tapco poly mags & Magpul AK ones as well, this rifle likes the metal AK mags. I got 3 Yugo bolt hold open mags & 2 other not sure of origin. 
Without the red dot it was a tack driver but with it even better. 

That Champion target was shot at just over 100 yards with that red dot. I am very please with this result, I have a buddy that has some steel plates I can hit the 4" plate almost all the time with this rifle using Tulammo 123 grain HP or FMJ. 
I am very impressed with this Yugo M70 AK that I got. My buddy redid the furniture on it for me, it was the original wood but I sanded off a bit of the thickness & some of that comb on top. With that Red dot rail mount you can still use your Irons, just have to mess around with the front sight post adjustments to get it dialed in. 

(01-14-2017, 11:20 PM)ArRunner5.56 Wrote: Here is my range report on my NPAP M70 Zastava AK rifle. 

I have owned this rifle for 2 years now.
Ammo shot: 
Tulammo 123 grain FMJ  & HP (This has been the majority shot) 
Wolf 123 Grain FMJ & HP 
M67 Yugo 123 grain FMJ 
Russian HP hunting ammo 124 grain 
Red army standard Brass case ammo 
Norinco Silver box 123 grain FMJ 
Silver Bear 
Brown Bear

I have shot the hell out of this rifle, on day one at the range it was 20 degrees outside just snowed that week, but had a sunny day, had to walk down to the range. I took a 50 cal ammo box full of ammo just dumped in there. I had one combloc metal mag & one Tapco mag I shot almost that whole ammo box. When I got done I had about a inch of ammo left on the bottom. 
I would have shot all of it but that paper clip retaining pin broke. I almost lost my hammer & trigger pins. 

This AK has went through a lot of changes in the last 2 years, I tried the tactical look, didn't like it. Went back to basic wood. Played around with different optic options, scope mount, gas tube mount, etc. Did not like any of those but got the Strike Industries Rear sight rail, I got it installed which took a bit of gunsmith work but I love working on my own fire arms. 
I then purchase the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot. So far liking this setup. 
Other Items installed on the rifle: 
Fighter Muzzle brake
Power Custom Retaining plate
G2 double hook trigger. 
Also a lot of shooting. 
This rifle as of now has over 5,000 rounds of ammo through it with the only malfunctions where magazine related, I sold all my Tapco poly mags & Magpul AK ones as well, this rifle likes the metal AK mags. I got 3 Yugo bolt hold open mags & 2 other not sure of origin. 
Without the red dot it was a tack driver but with it even better. 

That Champion target was shot at just over 100 yards with that red dot. I am very please with this result, I have a buddy that has some steel plates I can hit the 4" plate almost all the time with this rifle using Tulammo 123 grain HP or FMJ. 
I am very impressed with this Yugo M70 AK that I got. My buddy redid the furniture on it for me, it was the original wood but I sanded off a bit of the thickness & some of that comb on top. With that Red dot rail mount you can still use your Irons, just have to mess around with the front sight post adjustments to get it dialed in. 

Another excellent post!
I have always loved the classic look as well.
Great shoting.
I got bit by the ar bug & got a ton of ar's bUT not one ak Shy
Thanks again! Yeah I got the AR bug then was at the range on day & shot a guys Arsenal AK in 7.62X39. Ak this time I have shot AK's but not since my later teens to early 20's. I had a Chinese SKS & a Egyptian Maadi which was bought before the ban, but sold it in the middle of the ban for about $500 dollars. Paid like $185 for it, well my dad did, he got it for my has a 18 yr old B-day gift. I sold it cause I couldn't find anywhere to shoot. At that time there where no ranges near by. The closest one was like 50+ miles or a indoor one that wouldn't allow the shooting of any AK or SKS style of rifles. 

I got that NPAP & now I want 1 more AK, one of the New Vepr's that just came out, but the price point right now at $1,000 dollars is outta my price range at this time. Damn medical issue that have been springing up all of sudden. 
I still have the AR but, what to build a SPR & a Light weight Battle ready AR also. Wouldn't mind one in 300 blk out. I would also like to build a AR 10 or purchase one from Savage when they come out but they will be out of my price range also. I need to win the lottery to keep up with this passion for firearms. 
I am also in search for the 9 mm pistol that fits my bear paw hands & sausage fingers. I have went through way to many pistols
Star BM 9 mm 
Bersa Thunder9Pro 
Springfield XD9 
Ruger SR9 
S&W SD9VE 
Canik TP9SA 
Sccy CPX-2
Walther PPQ M1 

Looking at now the CZ P07 or the SAR B6PC 9mm not sure which or one or maybe both. I could get one then the other later.
(01-15-2017, 12:46 AM)ArRunner5.56 Wrote: Thanks again! Yeah I got the AR bug then was at the range on day & shot a guys Arsenal AK in 7.62X39. Ak this time I have shot AK's but not since my later teens to early 20's. I had a Chinese SKS & a Egyptian Maadi which was bought before the ban, but sold it in the middle of the ban for about $500 dollars. Paid like $185 for it, well my dad did, he got it for my has a 18 yr old B-day gift. I sold it cause I couldn't find anywhere to shoot. At that time there where no ranges near by. The closest one was like 50+ miles or a indoor one that wouldn't allow the shooting of any AK or SKS style of rifles. 

I got that NPAP & now I want 1 more AK, one of the New Vepr's that just came out, but the price point right now at $1,000 dollars is outta my price range at this time. Damn medical issue that have been springing up all of sudden. 
I still have the AR but, what to build a SPR & a Light weight Battle ready AR also. Wouldn't mind one in 300 blk out. I would also like to build a AR 10 or purchase one from Savage when they come out but they will be out of my price range also. I need to win the lottery to keep up with this passion for firearms. 
I am also in search for the 9 mm pistol that fits my bear paw hands & sausage fingers. I have went through way to many pistols
Star BM 9 mm 
Bersa Thunder9Pro 
Springfield XD9 
Ruger SR9 
S&W SD9VE 
Canik TP9SA 
Sccy CPX-2
Walther PPQ M1 

Looking at now the CZ P07 or the SAR B6PC 9mm not sure which or one or maybe both. I could get one then the other later.

Do it right & get both Cool

My buddy just showed me a maadi he picked up with a thumb hole stock. They are nice.
Got any milsurp?
The only rifle I have that would even be close to Milsurp is my Mosin Nagant m4ar15.com Romanian.
Thanks for the replies all. Yeah Taxi pad I would love to get a RS Regulate mount for my NPAP but I just cannot see paying almost $200 dollars for a mount, that's a quarter of what I paid for my AK. I can afford it but just don't want to spend it for a proper scope mount when I know there has to me one out there of just the same quality but designed for that rifle. I just haven't came across one yet.
Also Taxi Pad what one would you recommend or the one you used for your Npap. Thanks for the help!
Well my AK got it's iron sights back, really started not liking where that red dot was mounted, so I found a rear sight leaf finally. Got them dialed in so far, still for some reason hitting to the left no matter where I put that front drum. All I know is thanks to Kentucky windage I can still shoot it fairly well at 100 yards. I just put in the last week another 300 rounds through it, once again shot flawlessly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite configuration and range results Soldat47 26 5,901 08-11-2016, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Soldat47